Conversity has been announced as a finalist in the 2020 Retail Systems Awards for the work with The Phone Co-op, a provider of mobile telephone and broadband internet services to over 30,000 customers in the UK.
The challenge: choice overload and a lack of personalisation
The telco marketplace is a crowded and often rates poorly for customer experience. Shopping for a mobile phone or home broadband package can be a daunting process. The vast array of products, services and price plans on offer meant that customers face an often confusing overload of choice. The Phone Co-op’s typical member is from an older, and not always technology-savvy background, so it was critical that the company found a way to cut through this complexity and enable the business to build loyalty and differentiate against its competitors.
In order to acquire the technology and expertise needed to transform the customer experience, The Phone Co-op partnered with Conversity. With a track record of technical, retail and telco excellence, in-depth customer insight, an innovative SaaS platform design and a proud delivery record, Conversity was well-placed to deliver what The Phone Co-op needed.
The goal was to design and build an intelligent guided selling (IGS) tool that would revolutionise the way The Phone Co-op communicated with its customers
The Conversity solution has had a hugely positive effect on The Phone Co-op’s ability to communicate closely with its customers. Some of the key highlights include:
- Customers are almost three times more likely to make a purchase when using the IGS tool, compared to if they do not use it
- Basket sizes are 3-5 times higher with the solution now in place
- Ecommerce customer conversion rate is 5.0% with the Conversity solution in place, up from 1.7% without the technology
- In Jan The Phone Co-op received a Feefo Gold Award which in part was due to this platform as a sales tool. The Phone Co-op have a 4.5/5 customer satisfaction level.
In addition to the above, Conversity’s IGS tool also incorporates the following features:
- Recognises DORO customers (DORO phones have a “contact me” button on the back to enable easy contact with carers and relatives)
- Offers Fairphone, the first sustainably sourced mobile phone
- Sends product recommendations to customers in email format, so they are under no pressure to buy in the moment
- Customers can leave feedback on the tool easily
- An emphasis on transparency, honesty and ethics – this is in keeping with The Phone Co-op’s core philosophy
Jacci Marcus, Head of Residential Business for The Phone Co-op commented, “Thanks to the Conversity tool, we have greater insights into our customers’ behaviour, which has given us an extra edge when it comes to launching new products, updating offers or maximising cross-sell opportunities. This flexibility is integral to the way we operate, and Conversity has ticked all the boxes in this respect.
“Most importantly, however, the solution has led to happier members and customers who are more engaged with our brand. This has been achieved in large part due to the professionalism and expertise displayed by the Conversity team throughout the project. We’re looking forward to continuing to break new ground with this technology in the future.”
Conversity’s IGS has enabled The Phone Co-op to truly stand out at a crowded party. It brings a fresh approach to the customer experience, is simple to use, and delivers superb conversion outcomes which lead to increased loyalty. It has not only transformed The Phone Co-op’s approach in the here and now, but promises to help shape how the company engages with both new and existing members and customers in the future.
If you are a telco or retail business looking to implement guided selling into your online offering quickly then, to book a demo, talk to us or email email@example.com.